Sunday, September 1, 2013

those days

So there are some days where I can be particularly grumps, as Jeffrey calls it or bratty as I call it. Call it what you will I am the queen of the grumps. But only around those certain days of the month.. catch my drift...?

That being besides the point, today was one of those days. And boy was I  being notably "grumps" What does one do when they are being grumps? Well you can count on complete silence and some stank looks- really there is no other way to call those "looks" and of course  some ridiculously childish huffing and puffing.


side note: I warned Jeff that I can be the brattiest of all brats, and I'm sure my family did as well (we'll talk about that later family)  So he can't really blame me right? I did warn him... But that is exactly what a grumps would say.  So it doesn't count.


So after I got over the grumps (myself)  only thing left to do is to make it up to him. Which is exactly why I made zucchini bread. my first time peeps, and those who know me, know that I have a low self esteem when it comes to my cookin'. But let me be honest and saying the house smells fantastic and the bread wash YUMMY! Very domestic of me I know.


You want the recipe? yeah you do.



Zucchini Bread






Bake time: 50 minutes-ish

Oven: 350


Ingredients:

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2ish teaspoons vanilla extract (I love vanilla, so I am always very liberal when adding it)
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips


How to make the good stuff:


  • Don't forget!!
    • Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. I always do...
Grease two bread pans. You can use shortening, vegetable oil or parchment paper. I used Coconut oil, it's the healthy alternative to shortening or vegetable oil, and it tastes so good!!
chop up the zuchini and grate in a food processor (thats what I did, if you want to hand grate.. MORE power to you).
mix together flour, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda. The recipe said to sift- all i could find was my spaghetti server- I don't have a sifter so I Improvised and it turned out just fine! 
In a stand mixer, beat eggs until light and fluffy.


  • Add sugar, and blend well

  • Add oil, vanilla, zucchini and mix together.
 Add the flour mixture a little at a time until blended
Add the chocolate chips, I like to add mine last because my mixer always breaks them up to much. By adding them last, it crushes them just enough, to make big and small chunks.
Pour into bread pans.

  • Bake for 50 minutes about, one loaf took less than 50 minutes, one needed more time. I blame the oven and the altitude. Just keep and eye on it and they should turn out perfect!



I got this recipe from Sew Creative. I just tweaked it a little bit to my liking. But her blog is so cute, and definitely worth checking out!!

If you have any questions email me or leave a comment below! Jeff and I finally have the day off together and we are planning on going to a reservoir with Basil to have picnic! I hope y'all have a great labor day, and don't forget to check out  all the great sales. 

I just got a killer leather jacket at Garage at a great price!!!

xx Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love :)