Monday, November 12, 2012

I'm engaged!!!!


Okay so this is old news, but I still absolutely adore saying it. Calling Jeffrey my fiance... can it get any better? Jeff so kindly reminded me right now that yes it can get better! I can call him my husband. ahh! my husband how cool is that?

We had a pretty excellent spring semester, and fell even more in love with each other than we were. It took him for ever to say the splendid "L" word though. And despite my different antics to get him to say it, he was going to do it whenever he felt that it was the right time. He eventually said it and it was so romantic! We went out to a spot near the snake river and had a lunch and he said it! I can always tell that he has something important/scary (for him) to say because he gets real quiet and stammers.

SO CUTE

It was something along the lines of "Saying I like you or that I'm crazy about you just doesn't cut it. I love you Clara!!!"

I lost it. and I wanted to scream and shout and kiss him to death. I had just waited for years it felt like it. and then he said it in the most perfect way.

A couple months later the "M" word came up. And for those of you who aren't LDS, marriage isn't a surprise, we talk it over and pray to see if this person is the right one to marry.

For the rest of the semester-- this was in june, we kept talking about it. And as we became more sure that each other was the right person, we became so excited and started to tell our family!

Jeff's mom, was so wonderful and offered us to have one of her rings to use. She sent us pictures and they were both beautiful! But there was one that I just wanted to keep looking at and I wanted it!

At the end of the semester I went to spend two weeks in Oregon with my Aunt and family, while Jeff went home. We met up later to Seattle, so I could spend some time with his extended family! It was so so much fun. We went to Lopez Island in the Pugent sound. And rented a totally hippie cabin, but all you had to do was walk down a cliff to get to the ocean, where we found a dead seal and saw at least three Bald Eagles.

I wanted him to propose to me there, well just as soon as possible.

I flew home to Florida and we had to spend another torturous two weeks apart. It was good because I got much needed family and Ruthie time. And it was only a matter of time till I was with my man again. And I got to be in a hurricane! what what!--- it barely hit us don't worry.

After waiting a few extra days because of the retched thing, I finally got to pick him up from the airport!

We went to one of my favorite little cafe's "The New Yorker" in Pensacola and had so much fun. It was dark when he got in, but being the California boy that he is, Jeff insisted on going to the beach.

So I took him to the Navarre beach, the moon was so bright and it was so wonderful! We finally arrived home, where over of course everyone waited up to meet the man of my dreams.

I was so happy because Ruthie, totally attached herself to him and my world was complete.  There would be some serious reconsideration going on if my pup did like him. (kidding kidding of course, it just sealed the deal even more!)


We spent the next few days going to the beach, hanging out with the sibs and Zip lining!! It was so fun,  but soo hot! I think I drank 25 gallons of water that day.

We went to chick-fil-a of course and target to get more invitations--- prematurely.. hehehehe

On September 3rd Two days before we left Florida, Jeff wanted to go watch the sunrise at the beach. We unfortunately didn't wake up to our alarms, but Jeff still wanted to go and the sun was still rising.

So we get there and immediately I noticed that he was very quiet and acting nervous. Wait a second... could this be it??????

Then all of the sudden he yelled race you to the life guard tower. And boy did he book it. We raced up there and he tripped at the top of the stairs. I was trying to ask him if he was okay, but he interrupted me and said " Clara look what I found" and he picked up a beautiful shell.. that there was no way he just found it in the tower.

He handed it to me and it rattled. I was so stunned and overwhelmed I could barely speak.
He had to ask me what was in it, and while I preceded to say something that I am sure was fairly completely non intelligent, he got down on his knee and said this..

"Clara, just like this sea shell protected its previous owner, just like life guards protect people in the ocean, I am going to protect you and love you forever. Will you marry me?"

All I could do was hold onto him and say yes over and over and over. Finally Jeff was like "Uh are you gonna put on the ring?"

It was so perfect and wonderful As we were walking back to the car, it started raining so we played in the rain. Ah the day was amazing I loved loved loved it.

Telling the Family was fun, everyone was crying and laughing and it was just so much fun!

We went back and took some pictures a little later that day.  And then went on a dolpin tour with the family!!

 Right after :)



The Date is Jan. 5 2013. Its less than a month, and I don't know how I can love him anymore.. 
And the good thing is we have forever. Forever. I am so blessed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love :)