Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Stranded

If I was stranded on an island for 30 years I would pick these 5 Songs to put on my solar powered ipod


Well, first of all, this would be horrible. If anything I would say forget the ipod- let me bring my husband or my dog... (but don't tell him I said that ;) 

And if this happened to me, obviously I wansn't doing something right and the Lord thought I needed a lesson. It reminds me of Jonah and the Whale. I bet he would have given anything to have comfort in the belly of the whale- I bet he would have chosen hymns. 
If I was stuck on an island and I could pick 5 songs to listen to over and over again (and I better pick carefully right?)
 I would choose 1. Be Still My Soul. You better believe I would be crying my eyes out all day everyday for a long time. So I figure I could use all the help I can get. And this hymn is especially calming to me. 

2. Love Me Tender (Originally sung by Elvis) Sung by my Sister. Anything that I could associate with family would be a little ray of happiness on that Island.

 3. Stand by Me by Ben E. King because I want to be able to still wish I was in the 50's-60's and work on my dance moves without anyone looking at me. 

4. Meet me in St. Louis sung by Judy Garland. Let's face it who isn't going to pretend they are in a broadway play and sing their guts out when they're stuck on an island. I am right? OR Beyonce Love on Top- Because that is the happiest song- and beyonce is perfect. And who am I kidding I  would totally pick Love on top as my top 5 songs. 

5. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley because its the perfect combination of sad and happy and I wouldn't mind crying my eyes out too it. Sometimes you need a little bit of sad- other than your rotten fate of ending up on an island.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love :)